View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: I don\'t feel like waiting until tomorrow night- NFL POWER RANKINGS

[ QUOTE ]
I am still not sold on the Pats. All the teams they have played so far rank at the bottom of the league for defense, so putting up 30+ every game is not that special. Dallas is going to be the first team they play this year that has any semblance of defense.

Defensively they have been impressive however. Holding the Bengals to under 20 is very good (though they were one idiotic miscommunication between Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer away from getting at least 20).

So just based on strength of schedule I have to put the Colts above the Pats. This weekend will be the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, here's a stat for you. The Pats opponents have played 18 other games this season. Only twice (interestingly enough the 51-45 shootout between the Bengals and Browns) have their opponents given up more points than they gave up to the Pats, and once did they give up the same amount of points. (Both Pitt and NE scored 34 against the Brownies).

So to say their offense isn't anything special is being ignorant of how impressive they've been this year. The Pats offense has outshined their defense, in my opinion, which is hard to do given how well THEY'VE played.