View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Legal options for an annoying situation?

[ QUOTE ]
"Naturally i am confused and after further research, i find out that the charges include the $50 worth of stuff i signed up for and received, about $75 worth of tshirts i either did not sign up for, or that i signed up for and never got.

The remainder of the balance is from "finance charges" which i was explained are monthly charges i received because of not paying my bill."

Go to your nearest Citizens Advice Buro (or whatever the US equiv is) and find out what they can and cant charge you for.

Im sure they cant charge you for stuff you never signed up for (get FULL evidence from them inc photocopies of your signitures etc) - if they cant prove you got the stuff they cant charge you for it im sure.

As for the charges you should be able to find out more about this - but im pretty sure they cant just tack on 200% or whatever it works out to when they have taken to effort whatsoever to contact you.

Worst case scenario you got $50 of T Shirts you didnt pay for and you have to pay interest on them, but for the most part if you didnt sign up for the other crap and you didnt recieve it they wil never be able to charge you for it.

Also, im pretty sure a reasonably competant lawyer would crush them in court due to how retarded the sales process was.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

as much as i want this to just go away because it is annoying, part of me wants to take this to a judge and watch his face when these people try to explain to him that i owe them money for a product they never delivered.

i will have to look into this citizen's advice buro, never heard of it or anything like it, but im sure there is something like it. i also heard that if it goes to the collection agency i can write them agency or a local court representative and have it put into court, im just not sure on the details.