View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Please review my generic letter to Congress

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brilliant, as always. The only thing that didn't flow like the Nile for me is:

[ QUOTE ]
The tide has turned so strongly that even a “red” state like Kentucky will elect a pro-gaming governor next month … in a landslide (challenger Steve Beshear currently leads staunchly anti-gaming incumbent Gov. Ernie Fletcher by twenty points). And, the Poker Players Alliance, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

At first read this makes you sound too political (you of course are for this fight, but I am assuming the letter is intended to be sent by regular PPA members). Also, it may turn off Congressman who are aware that Kentucky is much more getting rid of a bad governor than "electing a pro-gaming governor." So, I would just delete that sentence and start the next one by saying "I am a member of the Poker Players Alliance ..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I do want to keep this election in the letter in some fashion if possible, as it provides data backing up our point. Can you think of a way this would flow better? I'll try to improve it simultaneously.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the right paragraph if you want to keep it in there. Everything else is good solid facts (except maybe your conclusion on the House hearing, but who is familiar with that) -- drawing the Kentucky race into your argument just seems to be a bit of stretch to me. But maybe the race really has politicians thinking gambling is not an easy target, I dunno.