View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: OT: Holy [censored], I\'m Getting Married!

Some advice from a happily married woman who taught her husband how to play poker 10 years ago to stop the craps leak! (married for 8 years with 2 kids)

You will wake up some days and loving her will be easy - you will see all the good and all the reasons why you chose each other...

Then you will wake up other days that are harder to love her - the good things will be hard to spot and all you will see is the annoying nagging (insert anything here) - those are the days you have to "choose" to love her - if you don't, then enough of these bad days string together to put a wall between you...and women hate walls...that is when women go look for someone else to give them what they think they are missing.

I hope your wedding is fun and you take many mental snap shots...something will surely go wrong/not perfect. We agreed that this would happen in advance and when it did, we laughed our arses off saying "is that all that can go bad?"

Good luck - and if I had one wish for you (or any of my poker playing friends) I hope she understands your poker and doesn't ask you to stop and "get serious" about life...

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]