View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Take the free card or fire 2nd barrel?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($1.34)
Hero ($1.96)
Button ($1.48)
SB ($0.98)
BB ($3.11)
UTG ($5.50)
MP1 ($2.12)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.06</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.73) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ?.

Preflop: Trying to steal the blinds w/ a decent hand, and if I get called (which is alot), I have position on them and I probably have a better hand then them. Pretty standard I guess. My only read on the caller is that he value-bets small and is pretty passive.

Flop: C-bet/semibluff here w/ 2 overcards and flush draw. I get check-raised which means he could be doing this with any pair or better I think. I call because I got a ton of outs.

Turn: Ok, he checks again. I really have no idea what it means, but I think it could be that he is trying to keep the pot small with a marginal middle pair hand. It could mean he is afraid of the Ace. Or often, he could be planning another check-raise which is actually pretty common at these limits. So what should I do here? Take the free card or fire a 2nd barrel and represent the ace?