View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: I ridiculous overbet because I dont want to get sucked out on

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I have no way of knowing which 2. I mean, he could call $250 with 78, or AQ, or KK, or KhTh, or Ah8h, and I'll be pot-stuck and shoving my last 300 into a 900 on basically any river praying he's got the "other" hand.

Ok, here's another hand where instead I bet a normal amount on the turn, but the resultant pot was so bloated relative to stack sizes, I felt like I was supposed to shove the river, even though it was ugly. (Maybe this was a mistake, and I'm supposed to c/f here getting over 3:1?)

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $630.90
SB: $399.40
Hero (BB): $497.20
UTG: $449.60
CO: $424.50

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $4, <font color="red">CO raises to $18</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $14, UTG calls $14

Flop: ($56) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $45</font>, Hero calls $45, UTG calls $45

Turn: ($191) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $144</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $144

River: ($479) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $290.20 and is All-In</font>, CO calls $217.50 and is All-In

Results: $914 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and LOST (-$424.50 NET)
CO showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON $911 (+$486.50 NET)

So obviously afterwards I wished I had bet bigger on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (even though his call was mathematically incorrect with only 6 outs).

I guess what jfish said is true, I just don't see the big picture of how to make money in poker. I hate losing pots more than I like winning money etc. How can I get past this psychological barrier?

Also, I have a real fundamental problem with how to play the turn/river on hands where normal-sized bets will get me a river SPR of like one-half or one-third. I feel like if I'm pot committed, then I should be all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

River push is ok, but sometimes I c/c to induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

river push is bad IMO. hero is holding JT so there isn't any kind of flush left that can even call that push except ones that beat him.