View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 06:52 AM

Default Re: An Unprecedented Time: Teenagers and Poker

It's a [censored] up thing, that's for sure.

Zee is a pessimist, but let's be realistic. If you are good enough to beat 5-10 and 10-20 online, you are going to be able to make a quarter of a million dollars a year for the rest of your life if you put the effort into it (in some form of poker). If that takes 30 hours a weak as opposed to 15, well, sh!t happens.

They'll be another boom. I'm sure that I'll make a million dollars one year, even if it's ten or twenty years from now, at only online cash games, and not tournaments. I'm sure a boom from Asia, or some other area of the world, or a rebirth from legalization in the U.S. is in the works. Patience and hard work on your poker game will keep you at the top of your profession.

Marginal edges will matter more than ever before, and the cream will rise the the top- it will be the same as any other profession.

Back to how it is now, I'm sure I'll do something else with my life, even if it's just coach basketball or open a business, but I can't imagine truly working for someone else.

As it is, just having 6 figures put away is such an enormous edge on our peers. If nothing else, even if I get a real job, I'm already 100% sure I can retire when I'm 40. That's some cool [censored], very few people will have that opporunity (possibly more now than 20 years ago, but still a small % of the population).

It's amazing the swings that happen, the amount of money that we win, the material things that we can buy- those things should be put in perspective.