View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Rules question from Pack/Bears game re: replay challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would love to see his columns

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

Scroll down the page and you can see the entire archive back to the 2003-2004 season. He answeres questions every week during the season concerning the previous Sunday, along with various hypotheticals posed by fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

read quite a bit of it

mainly goes over arcane rules

Markbreit sucked as an official
the following shows how unaccountable and out of touch with reality officiating is
[ QUOTE ]
I understand that all officials are graded on their performance on a week-to-week basis. Naturally, 100 percent accuracy should be the standard, but what are considered acceptable standards? How many below standard games is an official allowed before disciplinary action is taken? --Stephen, Michigan City, Ind.

The percentage of accuracy for a complete NFL season, which is 256 regular season games, is in the 98 percentile. I would say that this is an astoundingly high figure, and shows how good the NFL officials truly are. I doubt if any business where decisions are made has as high a percentage as NFL officials. The officials are graded on their performances and certain standards must be met. If performance falls below these standards, then a possible probationary period is established. If the official does not perform up to standard in this probationary period, he is subject to dismissal.

[/ QUOTE ]
they aren't close to 98 percent accurate
even if they were, that is over 2 blown calls per game...LOL

My favorite answer
[ QUOTE ]

Can the ground cause a fumble if a defensive player does not touch the runner? --Mike, Madison, Wis.

The ground cannot cause a fumble if a runner in possession goes to the ground untouched by a defender. In the Atlanta-St. Louis playoff game, Michael Vick fell without being touched, and upon hitting the ground, fumbled the ball. A defender recovered it and the play was perfectly legal. Vick was not down by contact.

[/ QUOTE ]