View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: ALDS: Red Sox vs. Angels

[ QUOTE ]
on a side note, one of the worst announcing jobs i have ever had to listen to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watch the games with my 7-year-old son. We mute the tv, and announce the games ourselves.

I'm telling you, we're no worse than these idiots.

At one point today, I flipped over to a football channel to check a score, and so the sound was on when I flipped back to baseball. Lucky me, I got to hear Stoney complimenting the home plate umpire for the great job he had done today. "Sure, the strike zone may have been a little wide, but it was consistent, and that's all you can ask for as a player..."

Um, no. If I'm a player, I can also ask that he call pitches that are a foot off the plate a "ball". I thought Eric Gregg was back in the biz.

I immediately put the tv back on "mute", and my son and I got back into our announcing game. Naturally, we spent the next minute crushing the umpires.

EDIT TO ADD: Sometimes my 10-year-old daughter plays for an inning, as long as she can be Tina Cervasio. Today she did an in-game interview with Angels manager Mike Scioscia, played by yours truly. Her first question was, "Who are the best players on your team?", to which I politely replied that the nine guys in the starting lineup are my best players.