View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Killer new rig w/ 30\" Gateway...need 2 more 20\" monitors. Suggesti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HonestRyan, I'd seriously consider getting an 8800GTX to drive your 30" monitor and then, seriously, any ole thing for a 2nd video card that has DUAL-DVI. Since you'll be doing the same as me, the 2nd card doesn't need to be much of anything...something cheap that has dual-dvi is all you need to run both the smaller monitors. You can't run SLI using 3 monitors, so don't bother "wasting" the money on the 2nd video card.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a trmemdous help for me, thank you. and this will be exactly what i do. a 8800GTX for the 30 and a cheap dual DVI for the 20s. I think i will also be doing some ebay shopping for some of the old dell 20s as well. As you know there isnt much info for a setting up a system like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem bro. Anandtech has always been a big help for me since I started building my own rigs 2, almost 3 years ago.

Also, fwiw, I'm STUPID anal about researching before I buy ANYTHING of value(took 2 weeks to buy my vacuum cleaner...had to do my homework on them first), so if you want/need input on your parts/monitors etc, lemme know.

FWIW, the 30" Gateway is just sick good. Just came out this month. I was going the HP (HDCP complient vs the Dell which is not, plus more inputs), until that bad boy came out. XHD3000.

Here is a link for some stuff on it at anandtech:

Linky

Good luck and lemme know!