View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: all in luck calculator

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not interested in giving people a flawed method that overestimates their good or bad luck. I'd rather take a somewhat smaller component that isn't overstated for people like setminers. That's the only reason I haven't added the "pot size" functionality. Total pot size on the all-in street was the first method I used when putting together the all-in graphs, before seeing it was flawed and changing it to my current method. You couldn't be more wrong in thinking the full pot size method is superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure why you think this. i'd love to see some sort of analysis that suggests that you're right. i read what you wrote in the other thread and none of it was the last bit convincing.

your method *may* be a better method for determining short-term luck (though i haven't analyzed it enough to know if that's the case), but my method is a better method for determining luck in the long term and hence a better method for nailing down your winrate. and that's all i'm interested in. and it's something a lot of others would be interested in too.