View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Love-life - Girl probably on the rebound - What to do?

[ QUOTE ]
alright I read the cliffnotes. i dunno, try to have sex with her or something

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we're both past that age where a drunk one-night-stand isn't that interesting anymore. We actually had a pretty thorough discussion about this on our first date....we've both had more than our fair share of experiences there... She's 26 and I'm 28 if that matters. I wan't more than just sex, and I'm pretty sure she does too.

[ QUOTE ]
i actually read it. This girl doesn't want you imo. Start ignoring her calls/texts, and if she does want you she'll turn desperate fast. If not, meh, move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's giving me plenty of signals that she "wants me".... And I don't think she'll turn desperate....

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you shoulda closed A LOT earlier. at this point youre probably just going to be really awkward around her because you want to hook up and she wants to be friends, so the next time she says something like "i just want to be friends," respond with something like "well i want to be more than friends, so give me a call when youre ready." you cant let yourself get thrown into that friend zone real early, or it will take like months of friendship then a lot of alcohol to dig yourself out.

also dont be such a pussy, girls like to have sex too, they just feel slutty being the aggressor. if i girl is showing interest, close. its not being an [censored] to have sex with a girl just because shes drunk. girls like to drink and hook up too. hooking up is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good response. I agree on the "shoulda closed A LOT earlier", and "don't be such a pussy" parts... To explain : I AM a pussy when I meet girls when I'm drunk...it's weird...Most guys get more bold in this area when they're drunk. I'm too nice and think "ok, I don't want to take advantage of her"....Probably sounds like I'M not getting drunk enough? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Well, I drink nothing but beer when I'm out, and I have to drink extreme amounts of beer to get really drunk... I've gotten far more "closings" when I'm sober, and the girl is sober too. For instance; I've taken more girls home from the supermarket, than I have from the bars...and that's far more satisfying too.

And it's not going to be awkward being around her. I'm not in love (yet..), and will easily get over this if she definitely doesn't want it to get any further, so I won't have any problems being close friends with her. In fact, that would be great too! But yeah, if I take your "give me a call when you're ready" route, it could get uncomfortable being just friends....and it's a route I'm tempted to take.

And to those saying that I should post under my real account :

My "real account" has got 0 posts. It's just a lurker account. You wouldn't know me anyway.... But if you give me some helpful advice, and then ask me for my real 2+2-nick, then I might give it to you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not that it would matter anyway, but yeah....