View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: $5.50 - QQ (Thoughts?)

Thanks for the input..

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if he does have K2-KJ/A2-AJ (3 outs) or 22-66 (2 outs), he is drawing incorrectly from a mathematical standpoint calling the bet on the flop (assuming I am firing another bullet on the turn that is correctly sized). I am offering him pot odds of 3.25:1 on the flop and I believe he needs to be getting 14.7:1 (3 outs) and 22.5:1 (2 outs) to try and hit his card on the turn. I understand the importance of "protecting your hand," but I also hate losing potential value (also keep in mind that he had enough chips to give me a very healthy lead).

Anyway...

Turn: (t1050) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1915</font>, Hero calls t1415.

River: (t4880) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t4880

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has As 9d (three of a kind, nines).
Hero has Qs Qc (two pair, queens and nines).
Outcome: BB wins t4880. </font>

Comment (highlight): <font color="white">As can be seen by the results, I suppose there was nothing I could have really done... I can't see folding QQ on that board given the circumstances. Villain made a loose call pf and was rewarded. Regardless, next time I will bet the flop stronger in hopes of creating a pot where all the money can go in on the turn.</font>

I appreciate the advice from everyone that posted; any others that wish to comment, please feel free. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]