View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: 2007PBWC NLH FinalTable - Bot mistake? or misfortune?

Ok, because this dumbass thread is still going I'm going to bring some pretty simple poker related discussion to this "programed in a vacuum" poker bot discussion.

I'm not using ROR because no one uses it.

I'm not giving the villain a range of ATC for min raising, because I doubt the program is that stupid.

I'm going to give the villain a pretty wide range for min raising IMO. Although I didn't look at the HHs that were posted because they are a pain to read. So, if the bot isn't min 3-betting consistently, I have the min 3bet range of TT+, AJs+, AQo+. To re-iterate, I think this is wide.

Now, we know A9o is crushed by this range. Which means this hand is all about fold equity. So, lets look at the best case where the villain only calls with AA.

So, villain's 3bet range is 5.0%. Villain's calling range is 0.5%.

Hero's shove will get called only 10% of the time. So, 90% of the time Hero wins the 17 in the pot, that a cEV of 15.3 chips.

Of the 10% of the time he gets called, he has 6.2% equity in the pot. So, 6.2% of the time he's winning the 958.50 that the villain had to call the shove plus the 7 chips already in the pot that don't belong to the villain. The other 93.8% of the time he loses the 958.50-6 (his previous raise). So, that's a cEV of -83.32.

So, in total this shove is 15.3-83.32 = -68.02 cEV.