View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: I don\'t know where the donk convention was, but ($10, 77 in MP1)

[ QUOTE ]
It's just that this line is used ALL THE TIME. It's really the new donk play to throw position players off. I see this HU all the time, I see it in tourneys. It's call OOP, check, and then min raise. Now, what's great is that I haven't hit a goddamn thing against this play in 2 weeks. HOwever, in this spot, I was almost tempted to shove. Can I justify a shove against this kind of range? I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more tempted to shove in a $24 than in a $10. I think this is TP (or at least 2nd pair) quite a bit.

Edit: BTW Barry, I know this spot really blows, especially when it seems like it keep happening. I always tell myself a few things when this happens. 1) Sometimes when he pulls this crap I have a big hand (AA/KK), am shoving, and he pays me off. To use the term from the FTP guide, we have leveraged him in this spot. He is putting more chips in in an unsure situation. 2) You'd be surprised how rare someone is actually FOS here. I am almost always more frustrated that people keep flopping pairs on me than that they are mixing up their play well against me.

Sherman