View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: $5.50 - QQ (Thoughts?)

Thanks for the comments... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My thoughts:

I understand that the bet of 200 on the flop is tiny in relation to the pot. I almost never bet this small, but considering the relatively "equal" chip distribution at the table (blinds were moving to 75/150 within a min. or two), I felt I really needed to get as much value out of the hand as possible.

I thought it was very unlikely he hit the flop. Considering he called a raise oop against the chip leader when he's 3rd in chips, I am putting him on ATs+/22-66. I was hoping he would think the smallish bet on the flop would represent weakness and/or that I did not want to get involved in a big pot with him. When he called the flop bet, I thought maybe he was just calling to see how I'd react on the turn (in hopes of bluffing me on a later street) or perhaps to try and improve his hand (I gave him a good price). When he re-raised all-in on the turn, I thought it was a very good possiblity he had AJo (maybe KJs). I thought the turn was very good for my hand, as it may have allowed him to "catch up," and if he did hit it, it's going to be very hard for him to lay the hand down.

Does my line of reasoning make sense?

I'll post the results a little later.