View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Can you NL players embarrass the MTT players? (X-post)

I'll take a stab.

The BB qualifying via satellite is the 'key' to the hand.

Villain either has a hand strong enough to slow play on the flop and slow play again on the turn or a had a hand in which he backed into (TT). After the mis-bet, his hand is strong enough to withstand a re-raise or all-in bet. I'll guess QsJs or TT.

Also, the Armenian player 'likes to bluff, get tricky, and overvalues the importance of reads,' so maybe Villain is playing off of this a bit and hoping he does something silly.

TT is certainly a possibility. He may have simply been stunned and forgot to consider the option to raise. I don't think he has AK, because I think he would make a raise 'to protect his hand' or 'push out the draws'. AA and KK coincide with this thinking, but they are stronger hands, so maybe he did intend to slow play again and hope for the best.

I am confident the key to the hand is that he won a satellite and playing in his first WPT event. He plays straight-forward. He has the best hand. If he has AK or worse, he is not going to broke. He's happy to be there and enjoying his conversation about football.

Fold or hope he has AK, call and c/f river.