View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: My poker path... what now? (long)

AlfliRay,

As someone who has built up a roll into the mid-low six figures and lost a good chunk of it a few times now I feel your pain. Going on an extended downswing can shake your confidence, ruin your poker game and even sink you into acute depression. It’s the nature of the life we choose.
If I were you I’d take at least another week or two break from poker and let your head clear. I know what you are going trough. You want to win your money back. But you’re not playing you’re A game right now and will find it tough to play well at lower stakes (as you will be trying to win your money back). After the break I’d probably cash out at least half your roll and start grinding 2/4NL while making sure you are leading a very balanced well rounded life (as this will make you happier and help your poker game).
I know this is very painful but it’s the nature of the life we choose. Learn from your mistakes and look ahead. I’ve been in this spot more than once and have won all of money make and became a much better player and person due to these mistakes/downswings.