View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: I cant help not tilting at 10-100x my regular stakes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You can work on your brains dude. You can improve on anything if you put your mind into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though this is true, neuroscientists have good reason to believe that emotional control is highly dependent on the development of a specific area of the brain, and that if this area is not stimulated during a critical period in childhood then it will always be underdeveloped. So, for some, it may be much less true than for others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, to an extent. I believe that, while getting angry is an emotional issue that OP may or may not ever be able to get a good rein on, OP can train himself not to move up in stakes.

Best advice I can offer is to set a stop-loss, and stay firm with it. Granted, stop-losses and win-stops are not used by most professionals, but using one will give OP a "cheat" as he works on gaining the self control not to move up in stakes.

I personally can't relate, as I very rarely tilt for very long. I had to work on a similar problem though, which was a very bad desire to gamble while drunk.

I've recently began giving my laptop to a trusted friend when I'm going out for the night, and retrieving it in the morning.