View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: $2/4 NL AQ on button

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty standard. I might check the flop sometimes and definetly bet the turn too some of the time. It all depends on your images. Think about the hand, CO has almost always something like 88 TT. Now does he fold them? I don't know, not against me but quite likely against you maybe? Actually in this spot I like your line the least. Either check the flop or bet the turn too since his range is full of mediocre made hands which almost always call one street and sometimes more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your comments, this is what i expected to hear, ie that the 3bet is solid (other than bet size), but i suck post flop.

My trouble is, until recently i only really 3bet aces and kings, so i expect the mid pp's to fold to my flop bet once they miss their set. This may be true at lower stakes where i live, but im not adjusting to more aggresive games. Also i cant quite bring myself to check the flop after i 3bet and hate the thought of double barrelling the turn with air. My mindset is completely wrong but knowing your flaws is the first step in fixing em right.

My 3bet size sucking was a bit of an eye opener too, i thought it was ok. Where do i need to be, about $70 into that pot? What if i was reraising just one villain, is $50 ok then, or still needs to be higher?