View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: My poker path... what now? (long)

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should probably quit playing. You don't seem to have the discipline for it. Lack of br management...

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? He had a 45 buy-in roll for 25-50, ran bad over a couple of days and dropped 13 buy-ins, then immediately moved down...and kept moving down until he got to 1/2 (still with over 100k in his br).

As for how he built up his roll, taking a some shots when he was running good and winning does NOT mean he has poor bankroll management.

When you're winning a lot you try to move up, maybe a bit earlier than you technically should bankroll-wise. When you're losing a lot, you move down, maybe a bit earlier than you technically have to bankroll-wise.

As for what the OP should do, his problem certainly isn't bankroll management. His problem is determining whether he really sucks and just went on a sick heater in the beginning, or he's really good and just went a sick downswing in the end.

To the OP: My advise is for you to find someone you knowsto be a really good player and have them take a look at a bunch of your hands. If your game looks good, than go back to playing 10/20 with your 110k roll. If your game doesn't look good, than just quit. You seem to have an ambivalent attitude over whether you want to keep playing at all, which is understandable given the swings you've seen. But spending you're time playing 1/2 nl is pretty retarded. Either you're a donk that lucksacked your way into 110k, or you're a player that has the bankroll and ability to beat 10/20+. Either way, playing 1/2 nl is a pretty dumb way to spend your time.