View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Getting in over your head......job related

Promos

Lots of radio spots, Im good friends with the main DJ at the big top 40 station here in stl, everyone between the ages of 18 and 25 listen to it etc, and basically he is going to plug us for free during drivetime, and when he is doing his live mixes, also we will have them probably do a live spot from our place a couple of times a month, we are paying for spots on 1 other radio station. Mondays- industry night, this is going to be a big nigh because between me and my partner, we know just about everyone that works at every bar/club in the whole city, and there arent too many other clubs open mondays, Tuesdays will be a little more laid back w/ some live stuff from a group that sings ratpack type stuff, wed- ladies night, thurs- not sure yet, fri/sat will be heavily promo'ed on the radio. I actually havent been dealing with the nuts and bolts of promo'ing just yet because it would have been hard for me to contact any connections until this point because I didnt want anyone knowing that the spot we are getting was on the market (we found out about it 3 days after the old place closed, and that place was tehre for 11 years).