View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Default QQ bet sizes okay?

50-200NL live play. 10 handed.

EP is loose action player. The kind who gets up and walks around, then gets angry when he gets dealt out of a hand as he is running back to the table, etc. Side note: he sat into the game without being seated by the floor, then argued with the floor when they came over so that he could stay. Stack = $119.

SB is solid. I have seen him bluff. He is very quiet and concetrating on the game. Stack = $350.

Hero is LP. I folded missed overcards to aggression from SB last orbit. I usually have the appearance of a 'thinking' player. Stack = $175.

Blinds are 1-2.
Hero has QQ.

Preflop: UTG limps, EP limps, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, fold, EP calls.

<font color="blue">The previous orbit I made it $15 with pocket kings from LP.</font>

Flop($64): 853r.
Check, check, <font color="red">Hero bets $25</font>, fold, call.

<font color="blue">I knew I was offering about 3.5:1 for a single caller. This seemed like a flop that could hit EP and I saw him glance at his chips after the flop hit the board. I put him on a wide range including Ax,set,2pr,1pr,gutshot,oesd.</font>

Turn($114): 4r.
Check, <font color="red">Hero goes all-in</font>, EP has $72 left in front of him...

<font color="blue">I wasn't crazy about the turn card. This time my opponent stared at the board a little, then checked his cards and checked. He was looking at the board when I pushed leaving him with 186:72 minus rake - or roughly 2.5:1 on a call.</font>

Did hero play this hand well?