View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Can you NL players embarrass the MTT players? (X-post)

I min raise the turn. This is one of those tricky spots that come up like when a guy bets before you out of turn and you have a monster. I think if you're beat you are going to go broke regardless since IMO you cannot fold this hand in this spot and you have to maxamize your value for when you are ahead. I think QQ and JJ are extremely likely from this player and if he's a little tilted from his play he may justify calling the raise and re-evaluating the river. Also, there's the possibility of him being so distraught at the play, create the illusion of fold equity and go nuts and shove with some one pair hand. I think calling and checking the river is the worst thing you can do behind folding. The very few times this opponent will bluff the river dont make up for the amount of value you sacrafice by getting him to showdown free. Given preflop, this guy always has at least a pair and will check behind all one pair hands on the river. I prefer to min raise rather than shove the turn because people talk themselves into doing all kinds of crazy things when there's still "fold equity".

Although a possibilty I don't think AA and KK are that likely at all. I think that if he would do this with AA/KK he would also do it with AK.