View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Dealing with intense anger

[ QUOTE ]
He said that, watching me, he's genuinely concerned about my mental health if I tried to play 100 sngs/day.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement seems to have been said before you attempted to pay the bills with poker and had with what you thought was a reasonable bankroll.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm living on the edge of busto, with around $500 in my roll. I wish it wasn't that way, but I have to cashout for rent no matter what my roll is.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 12-tabling, and I need to make about $800-900/mo to survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is NO WAY that you will be able to play poker without anger and stress in this situation. You need to win to pay the bills and your bankroll is woefully inadequate. If you try to play your way out of this situation you will shortly bust your bankroll.

Right now your options are extremely limited and you need to find outside funds through a job etc. as many others have said.

[ QUOTE ]
It's more than a poker issue. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. It's like a disability.

Maybe poker is not for me. I know I'm a good player, but I don't know if I have the temperamental stamina to cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is definitely for you. You have made thousands playing a game that most lose at.

But what is not for you or for anybody is playing for a living without adequate bankroll, nest egg etc. that just about every going pro thread on 2+2 harps on here. You would be fine if you were just playing to supplement outside income, and would likely find your anger issues to be much less of a problem.

This is one of my favorite posts that I have ever read on 2+2. While it won't help your current situation I think it may lead to a long term cure to your poker anger if you can "lower the stakes" like ML4L writes he was about to do.
ML4L Moving Down