View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Science Education in America: Why I\'m Homeschooling My Kid in Scie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The question was: is it a monopoly, and the answer is yes. Do you acknowledge?

Quote:
I don't know why you single out schools

What do you mean? We're anarchists. Are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

well your argument of monopoly rests on your having to pay taxes to suport the schools. but what about people like me who don't pay taxes other than those that are impossible to not pay (sales tax, for example).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what about them? Like you said, you're paying whether you like it or not. The state is not a voluntary organization. They spend money and fork the costs over to the citizens in whichever way they want. Sales tax, income tax, inflation tax, seizing property, slave labour, the list goes on. Whenever the state spends a dollar, the cost is somehow going to be paid by the citizen (unless the state collapses ofcourse. HELLO USSR).

If you, by some miracle, live within the state territory and end up not paying for the schools, then that would be strange but not unpossible. However, this situation would still the best application for the concept of 'monopoly'. No other situations are fit better to it (and certainly no market situation).

[ QUOTE ]
WHO'S THE ANARCHIST NOW!? (ode to joey, could be better but I don't feel like thinking hard and making it funny)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am. Are you?