View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Is the Travel forum really a good idea?

tuq,

honestly when the idea of a travel forum came up i didn't think it would be the forum where stuff like "ok so i'm going to be in chicago for 24 hours to see a cubs game, what 2 meals and 1 bar should i hit" went.

i thought it was going to be the forum where people posted trip reports, planned week long vacations (interational and domestic), etc.

threads about "here's what i did on my trip to prague, with pictures" work well, index well, and inspire people to take good trips in the future.

threads saying "ok next month i want to go to someplace in europe, for a week, budget x, etc" can work out well, i think.

a thread saying "ok tomorrow i'm going to be in omaha, where do i stop for gas" just kinda suck entirely. i totally agree they should live in a higher traffic forum, and probably all of them could exist in one thread in oot.

continuing, other threads such as "great ways to book cheap travel" "good online travel resources" "best luggage" "things you should always take with you when you travel" etc, all work well, i think.

but yeah, the short stupid ones are kinda homeless, and probably even are a detriment to the travel forum.

c