View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Why so many tables?

well, I can certainly see where 1 table can be enough. You certainly get more comfortable multitabling as you gain experience, but I'm playing only one fairly frequently, and rarely more than 2.

I'm trying to get better at reading opponents, spotting weaknesses, and trying to exploit those. I'm watching hands I'm not involved in and trying to learn things. At more than two tables I suspect you start dealing with many players as "types", based largely on HUD stats, and only pick up idiosyncrasies from the more eccentric players. Maybe with experience, that's both easier and more reliable.

At no-limit, you don't need to apologize for playing only 1 table at a time, in my opinion. I remember Pokey himself saying he plays generally 2, sometimes 3, sometimes 1. This sort of attitude helps build hand-reading skills and a non-robot thought process that will be at least as useful to you, if you move up, as the money earned multi-table-grinding at a level you can beat without paying all that much attention.