Thread: Yeah or Nay
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Yeah or Nay

[ QUOTE ]
How is this line so "fishy"? I end up with AT/AJ/JT/A5/A3 at the river all the time as HERO. Looking for a turn CRai, river seemed harmless and you figure anything calling a river bet is probably VBing itself, so you might as well crai river.

[/ QUOTE ]

He bet two-thirds pot on a very ugly flop, then checked turn oop with all sorts of [censored] on the board, then checks again river after his opponent showed precisely zero initiative through the entire hand... I mean, who plays a big hand like that? Yeah, maybe every once in a blue moon with metagame and history, but would you really believe this line in a vacuum, which is what we have here? I know I wouldn't.

And no, "anything that can call is betting itself" does not apply in this scenario at all, in fact it's probably the exact opposite - some hands like QJ/KJ/weak Aces may be confused enough into calling a bet but are not betting frequently themselves. From my experience, anyway, but I'm a live donk so what do I know about how you internet kids play these days [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Kirk