View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Big Pot River Decision

I really dislike this hand from start to finish. Fold preflop. If there were a bunch of cold callers for 3 cold, OK, but two opponents isn't enough to play 22. On the flop, start applying the gas. If someone has AK with the A of diamonds (or AA with the Ad), he has real outs, and you need to get the money in here. Representing diamonds doesn't make any sense to me--you have a big hand that's almost always ahead right now but is definitely vulnerable, and I don't see a need to mask it, especially since you said button isn't there yet as a hand reader.

On the turn, the lead is fine but I'd usually just call the raise. Not only could someone have the flush, but KKK is a possibility. 3-betting is fine if you really don't think those hands are likely, but I'd generally just call when someone raises this turn. I could be convinced 3-betting is best, I guess, but I'd really have to think KKK is unlikely.

On the river, I'd usually pay off but it's gotta be a leak--I just don't see how you're ever good. The few hands you were still ahead of (AA or AK-AJ with the Ad) just got there. The fact that you described him as creative enough to do anything makes it a sobbing call, I suppose.