View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Getting in over your head......job related

I have a lot of years in as a business owner. I can tell you that your panic/anxiety feelings are standard. But, you might as well dispense with them right now. Those feelings serve no productive purpose. Further, your life quality will suffer. The only regret I have from being in business was not realizing that fact sooner.

At the end of the day, many things will happen while you're in business. The only thing you will have total control over, is how you deal with it.

You're going to make mistakes and learn a ton. IMO, you should focus on having a good time with what you're going to be doing. If you weren't capable, you wouldn't be where you are and your partners wouldn't be backing you.

Regarding business advice, you know you're industry, so you should be in good shape in that regard. There are a few things that I think carry in any industry.

1. Know and understand your costs, both fixed and variable, and their impact on your operation.
2. Track everything
3. If you're managing people, focus on being the positive, high-energy boss who we all prefer to work for.