View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Default 50NL: Another fine mess with AK

Only 25 hands on villain, 22/18/infinity. My read is already that those stats are fairly accurate, and he's a decent TAG. Maybe one of you guys/2+2 type name.

Villain got his stack in a standard overpair v. overpair situation (QQ v. JJ) on a rag board, showing aggression and degree of bravery when he was c/mr on flop and he 3b right back at the villain's cr.

Postflop is my main concern here as preflop is whatever and we've discussed it here a lot recently. My read tells me a light 3b is not impossible, but there's no reason to consider that a major possibility, so I assign a sane 3b range to villain. I'm sure I could have 4b to try fold out some better hands (QQ-?), or I could have pushed. But I chose to flat with position, hoping for value from a worse A/K, float or get away.

I think the issues post are fairly obvious. Villain's turn shove is for the rest of my stack.

Thanks.

Converter at Talking-Poker

Button ($50.70)
SB ($52.95)
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($108.95)</font>
UTG ($65.73)
UTG+1 ($50.00)
CO Hero ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, BB raises to $6.50, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop ($14.25) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets $12.00, Hero calls $12.00.

Turn ($38.25) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets $30.50, Hero...