View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Buying a new BMW/Negotiation tips

A few years ago, I accompanied a friend to the BMW dealership because his lease had just run out and he wanted another one. He had leased one years earlier, and his father, having driven the car and having loved it leased one from the exact same dealership. Apparently just around that time, demand had picked up for the cars, and when my friend went to lease another one, and asked him for a lease like his father got a couple of months prior, they didn't even hesitate to turn him down and would not negotiate whatsoever from their initially established point. This was about 4 years ago and the dealership was in NJ, so your mileage may vary depending on region, current demand, etc.

Anyway, my friend took his business to Volvo (his mother had a Volvo) and they offered him a great deal on at S60 complete with a fairly nice discount for being a return customer. Granted, the car definitely didn't drive as well as the 3-series my friend wanted, but still. They treated him quite nice. Definitely a 180 from the BMW dealership we went to earlier in the day. My friend signed the papers that day.