Thread: Watches
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Watches

I visited Tourneau at the King of Prussia mall to take a look at some watches. A few of my thoughts.

When you first enter a store, there is nothing more uncomfortable than 7 salespeople all standing in a circle talking, and when they notice you suddenly going silent and all 14 eyes staring at you and nobody making a move.

Anything over 40mm would look silly on my wrist.

IWC make nice watches. Unfortunately, the ones that I liked were both too large and too expensive.

They didn’t have the Girard-Perreguax Classic Elegance and the GPs they had weren’t very attractive to me.

I must look like the worlds biggest chump. Out of the 7 seven salespersons, they send over the young, attractive saleslady to assist. I almost bought a watch right there and then. Good call on their part.

I am all but sold on the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control. Aesthetically, it’s what I’m looking for. Everything I’ve read about the movement suggests it’s topnotch and it’s right in my price range.

Anyway my birthday’s in November so I have some time be blown away by something else but as of now I’m going with the Jaeger.