View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Hiring a money manager

Any basic tips to steer me in the right direction.

Im looking to get one around december, before the year ends.

Not sure if I need more time to find the right one, or maybe its more easy then I think.

Ideally build a good bond between us that will last a long time. Mostly looking for the money manager to actively manage a portfolio for me. As well as manage my personal finances, how much I should be spending everywhere etc, based on what Im making and what he understands of the current state of online poker, etc. How much of my assets to invest in certain ideas, final judgement on going through with certain ideas, making sure I dont do anything stupid or fall for any scams, etc.

Would like for him to know lil about poker so he knows my situation more and have a clearer picture. But I guess it shouldnt be a big deal since I can explain this, and he can look it up a little anyway.

Not sure if certain money managers have a starting money asset target or incoming money target or what not. Like start with $100k or higher, etc.

Incoming cash flow should be pretty good since I restarted playing poker 40 hrs a week. I pretty much started over 1.5 months ago and moved to europe for 4 months and im coming back fresh in december and dont want to fall into any old bad habits when I move back to miami. (lots of clubbing, had a lambo, stupid spending, etc.)