View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Using God as Insurance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After all I don't plan on making any lifestyle changes, just looking for some free insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you would be wasting your time. It sounds like you want to commit something catholics call a "sin of presumption". That doctrine essentially closes the loophole that you were looking to take advantage.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to everyone for your responses and civility. Stu I think yours best answers my question but then again it opens up another, please forgive my ignorance in religion as the answer to this question may be clear to those well versed in theology.

If what you say is true about catholicism closing my desired loophole then how can anyone ever expect to go to heavan? I mean hasn't every sinner planned on doing what they were doing till they changed their minds and asked for salvation? Remember in my OP I was about to die momentarily and would not be able to continue to pursue my past life activities. At the moment in time I ask to be saved I'm pretty darn sure I'll mean it, particularly if the only alternatives are either nothingness or Hell. Or does just the fact that I am contemplating this in advance void my future warranty? If that is it I can see the problem with my plan.

Jimbo