View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: 200 PLO - OESFD - Play for stacks on this flop?

(first time post, so flame away at my ignorance if you wish)

first off, i don't understand the PFR unless it's purely a positional thing, designed to isolate against one or two & then steal after check check (or pray the flop hits just so). still it's bad w/ two already in & two left to act & you w/ a piss poor hand for multiway siince iit cant make a whole lot of hands youd feel comfortable w/ against heavy action (middle set, mediocre flush draw, etc).

anyway, that being said, i think yr flop bet is fine since you do have a legitimate draw. however i think it's very likely your only live outs are the upper end of the str8 (& the str8 flush, of course), 'cause looks to me like SB might be trying to protect a made wheel against higher str8/flush draw, & BB probably calls w/ odds to draw to a big flush, probably w/ TP as a bonus. also it's not unthinkable one might have the nut set, tho this is probably not so likely since players at these stakes tend to repot preflop w/ any AAxx to isolate against a single opponent. anyway wont presume to say preceding speculation is EXACTLY what each player had, but think probably you call & find some combination of made wheel/nut or near nut heart draw (again discounting set as unlikely). as to the muck question...considering yr hearts are probably no good, just a matter of figuring whether youre getting correct odds to draw to nut str8 or str8 flush.

actually, thinking back on it, i think you maybe bet a little too much on the flop.theres no way youre gonna fold out the table & you mightve committed yourself, since theres around $340 in & you have like $95 left, so pots laying you 3.5 to 1 or so. post results?

again, this is my first ever strategy post in ANY forum, so if I said anything ignorant or grossly inaccurate please take it easy on me guys?

thx for the post