View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Peters v. McCline

The fact Peters loves to hit behind the head and has been warned numerous time in numerous fights give the chance of a possible DQ of Peter. While I'll admit the chance of that happening are slim, but still very real. What about the freak injury aspect. I think when you have guys who are this size fighting a simple slip could lead to a fight ending injury (you mentioned McCline's against Valuez).

These are heavyweights. The majority of them are big punchers. The chance of one of them landing a really damaging punch exists for everyone (expect Chris Byrd who have a hard time injuring a fly if he connected on the fly). McCline is a big guy (6-6 260) and while I believe he is not a big puncher, he can put some real weight behind a punch.

Peter will/should win this fight, but in the chance something freak happens somebody really want to lose $750 just trying to win a quick hundred. Sports betting is littered with bodies of people who figured this game/fight was "sure thing" only to see the big underdog pull it out.

If anyone wants to lay Peters at -750 feel free, but be warned they are starting a trend of betting big faves that will come back to burn them big time, I am can attest to this since I was one of them.

Tuds