View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Difference between your Online and B&M game?

[ QUOTE ]
I just feel much more confident making aggressive moves online than I do in a poker room. That's the main difference. Somebody above mentioned game selection. I play alot of OH8 online, and I've never even played Omaha live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your first and last sentences are strongly related. The first time I played in a live room, I was so nervous I could barely get the chips out of my stack and into the middle. The nervousness makes it easy to play weak-tight, because you don't yet have the live experience to relax and play correctly.

When I first started playing live, I found it easier to relax when I consciously broke down a hand, and imagined the events taking place on a virtual table. Once I was able to visualize it as an online game, I could make the right decisions and start to relax. Well, until showdown anyway.

And that brings us to the biggest difference between live & online for me: online, I can tell my monitor exactly what I think of someone else's play. Live, I have to smile and say either "nice hand, sir" or "aww, I just got lucky" depending on who wins.