View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: C-betting survey.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been experimenting with c-betting a little less lately, like 65-70% heads up instead of 90%, but mainly just by not c-betting in spots where I think the flop very easily hit villain's range and i'm OOP with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
right, but if a board is super bad for cbetting, you're still gonna cbet it if you actually hooked up with it, whereas you're not if you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you guys give some examples of flops that you thought 'very easily hit villain's range' or that are generally 'super bad for c-betting'? I don't really get statements like these.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets say you open from mp with 2 red 7s. you get called by the CO that is 28/10 with an fcb of 45. flop comes QJT mono. that would be a pretty dumb time to cbet. however, if you had AK, obviously you're going to bet, because you have a straight. there's no way that hand strength doesn't affect a person's cbetting frequency, because clearly you're going to bet more when you have a good hand.

i think that most people agree on most of this stuff, and in general, play similarly in most of the situations. not everyone is good at taking tests/filling out surveys, though, which might explain why we play poker...