View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: What do you do at the tables?

I bring my iPod but I never use it. I don't want to leave it in the car and I keep it as a contingency in case I ever sit next to people who never stop whining about bad beats to the point that I can't take it anymore. I don't wear sunglasses.

I engage in chit chat to pass the time because I fold a lot more than other people. Think of my talking style as a mix of Daniel Negreanu, Howard Lederer, Phil Laak, Todd Brunson, and Phil Gordon. Negreanu chat is probably my dominant mode to the point where I will tell people what they have and sometimes still call. I sometimes separate out a pre-flop raise in advance of the cards being dealt, just in case.

I also play with my chips a lot, but I stack them no higher than 15 because otherwise I keep knocking them over. I lack the manual dexterity to do even the simplest of chip tricks.

I don't like to eat at the table, but I will order a coke ever couple of hours. If it is a table with built-in holders, I like to keep a cup there because otherwise I keep knocking chips into it. If I do eat, I keep it simple. Something like a hot dog.

I use one chip as a card protector.

I take my bathroom breaks in middle position. I normally play no fold em small stakes limit hold em and middle position is probably the most difficult spot to play because it's most difficult to make bets and raises to either knock people out or build a pot and it's the worst relative position.

Since I am in loose games mostly, I'm rarely given an opportunity to chop. I usually agree to chop, but I have gotten a table to agree to no chopping short-handed.