View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 09:40 PM

Default FTP account compromised - help!

I play at FTP under CATPISS9999, and I tried logging in today only to find that my "password is invalid." I then logged into my e-mail (the one associated w/ the FTP account) to e-mail support and discovered that whoever compromised my FTP account compromised my e-mail account as well.

This is obv pretty messed up, so I wrote to FTP support and security from another e-mail account that a) my FTP-linked e-mail account has been compromised and b) my FTP account has been compromised... I clearly can't log onto either. I get a reply two hours from support to a) e-mail them from my FTP e-mail address and b) verify my e-mail address by logging into FTP.

So my account's been hacked, but FTP support won't even deal with me since the hacker was smart enough to change my e-mail address password as well (the two passwords were the same - yes I'm stupid - yes I regret this). How should I proceed?

Any help is much appreciated!

Edit: If you've seen CATPISS9999 play any hands in the past two days, please post them! I may have played a few hands two days ago, but I certainly didn't yesterday.

Also, ~25k was in the account.

And if it matters, here's the joke of a response FTP support sent me:

[ QUOTE ]
For your security, your email must be sent from the email address
registered to your Full Tilt Poker account before we can release any
account information. Unfortunately, this email address does not match
our records.

Please verify your email address by logging in to the Full Tilt Poker
software and then following these steps:

1) Click on the "Account" menu.
2) Select "Change Email Address".
3) Your email address appears in the pop-up box.

[/ QUOTE ]