View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Should The Black Have Played?

Playing 1/2NL at Viejas and I'm new to the table. I know that blacks don't play on this table, but blacks not playing means they are not allowed on the table at all. Guy next to me has a black on the table so I think they dealer is just allowing it or waiting for it to be broken down by a chip runner.

I get into the very first hand with this guy. He raised preflop all his chips he has left, minus his black, which was like $15. He did not throw in his all-in button. I usually play very loose when I first get to a table not minding if I drop a buyin early if I have the chance to catch and double up through someone. I hit bottom 2 on the flop and I had put him on a high pair, so I push all-in.

The guy says to me "I'm all-in", I mention the black chip and the dealer tells me that the black doesn't play. I raise a little hell saying it shouldn't be on the table, to which another player at the table replies "he's been using it as a card protector since he got here". He was trying to say that it's obvious the guy isn't playing with it, but that's :

1)Not obvious to me who is a new to the table
2)Mixing the black in with his live chips
3)Even more a reason why it shouldn't be on the table as it should have been noticed a long time ago

I argue with the dealer for a little and she asks me if I want the floor. I tell her no as I'm sure the floor is just going to come over and repeat "black doesn't play".

Should the player have been forced to play it?