View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (10/2 - Day 6)

It looked to me like the further Scotty was going in the tournament the more "obsessed" he become about having another shot to win the title again. Early he looked to have the sick feeling that every player was trapping him with the nuts, when he had the second and third nunts, what looked like slowrolled calls from the editings were instead really suffered decision for him by the look of his face. I think I have seen 3 hands like this when Scotty had his tournament life at risk and he was really seriously concerned to being beaten in a situation where he had a really powerful hand and all his opponents were kind of shocked when they saw the hand he struggled to (insta-call). One of those hands is also in this last episode, when he was put all-in by Hilm when holding the full house. Then, as he also said, something totally changed and he suddenly believed to be invincible and his fast collapse looks to proove that he was really under a personal huge pressure that he wasn't able to handle.