Thread: lil wayne
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: lil wayne

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to avoid thsi thread all day and finally caved.

Lil Wayne is [censored] horrible and if you like him you are making hip-hop suck and I am going to take that personally and say unkind things about you in the mod forum or something.

CDC,

Want to cry?

Jay-Z was supposed to be on that song, but didn't make it to the studio or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lil' Wayne is not about lyricism. I listen to Weezy because of his ridiculous flow (only Jay-Z has better IMO) and the way he just plays with sounds and words. He decomposes simple words into syllables, plays around and strings them together like different colored necklaces. It just sounds good. Trying to explore deeper into his music is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god. half the time i listen to wayne he goes completely off beat pronouncing words as a 3rd grader would. usually when people slow down their flow and emphasize every syllable they do so to say something clever or meaningful, which i would say for the most part he doesn't at all and sounds ridiculously bad.

fwiw, i still like wayne, i just think he is overrated as hell.

here is a hot song. ludacris, busta rhymes and big boi absolutely kill this song, while wheezy sounds very mediocre here.

i'm so hood remix