View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: 25NL same Villain, within 2 hands

First hand check behind, but why the min-raise on the turn? Either I'm betting it up, or I'm calling with position. Not sure what a minraise accomplishes there.

Second hand, PUSH. You only have $18 left with a $28 pot. Anything else would look odd. Bet $8-10 and it screams CALL ME!!! Bet anymore and you might as well push. Check behind and you're leaving value on the table. That being said, I would have liked to see an $11 bet on the turn. It helps to discourage the draws on this board and it would have made a $34 pot, leaving you with only $15 behind and the push would seem like the only reasonable option. If he folds due to a missed draw, you also get more money from him.

*** good point also by the previous poster. ~$3 into a $5.60 pot is begging those draws to chase, when you should be punishing those draws. At this level they'll chase regardless, so make them pay. I would have made it $5, to make it appear like a normal C-Bet. Raising the flop more, also allows for a bigger and more reasonable turn bet, that still isn't pot sized, and makes the river shove even easier.