View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Upcoming soccer matches

Ugh,

Kansas is pretty awful. It's the very thing I pretty much hate about this city. I guess if you have this undying need for food from the USA it is fine, but meh. I try to avoid going here ever if possible. I definitely wouldn't recommend someone visiting for a week eat at Kansas as one of their meals in this city when there is soooo much better food offered here.

Empire Thai isn't good Thai. It's serviceable but that doesn't qualify as good food. Maybe it is because I am coming from Lotus of Siam in Vegas as a reference point but it just can't even compete.

Tandoor, on the other hand, is as good if not better than any Indian food I ever found in the states. On to more:

<u>Tandoor</u>

Easily the best Indian food in town in my opinion. Just opened a few months ago and before this place opened I used to go to Katmandu on Cordoba which isn't bad either. There is a chicken dish here that is a family recipe and while not spicy is possible the most delicious Indian dish I've ever eaten. There is also a host of really good, spicy dishes as well. Dishes are around $9-11 US.

Laprida 1293 (esq. Charcas) in Barrio Norte - Ph: 4821-3676

<u>Olsen</u>

There is a sister restaurant to Olsen in Madrid by the same name, but in my experience it wasn't quite as good and was obviously more pricey. This place serves delicious Scandinavian food with probably the best fish I've ever eaten in this town. A combination of vodka/open-faced sandwiches makes the perfect starter. Reservations are recommended especially for large groups. They have a Sunday brunch that I've yet to try but is supposed to be delicious as well. Dishes are in the same approx. $10 US range as most of the other restaurants I'll list.

Gorriti 5870 (esq. Carranza) in Palermo - Ph: 4776-7677

<u>Bereber</u>

Very, very good Moroccan food. It may border on fusion, but I'm not incredibly familiar with Moroccan food. You can get some of the dishes decently hot, but nothing super spicy. The abra is possibly my favorite single dish in the city, in close competition with that green chicken family thing at Tandoor. They also have a large cocktail menu which I've found to be somewhat rare for this city. Very nice place.

Armenia 1880 (esq.Nicaragua) in Palermo Soho - Ph: 4833-5662

<u>Green Bamboo</u>

This place is imo definitely a Vietnamese fusion restaurant but it is still incredibly delicious. I had some chicken dish here (I suck with remembering names) that was just out of this world. The food here is available somewhat spicy if that is your thing. Definitely recommended.

Costa Rica 5802 (esq. Carranza) in Palermo - Ph: 4775-7050

Probably have 3-4 more that will make my top list. These are in no particular order but just the ones I intend to take people visiting too during their time here. Going to add in 2 traditional argie places next time.