View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Saturday $560 tournament?

Anyone who says there's collusion among the tourney regulars is off their rocker.

I've played with all of them for a long time, and I can tell you that many of them are very, very, very good players, and also VERY competitive. They all want to win. Note I'm not talking about the regular fish that come to the poker room and play the $120 SNGs or Act 1's. I'm thinking of the 20 or 30 die-hard tourney regulars that live at FW. And do consistently win there.

Do a number of the regulars stake each other/have a piece of each other? Maybe so. But guess what - that's no different than any other live MTT scene/series you're going to run into anywhere.

Play all the act 2's and 3's that go every weekend for a few months and tell me if you still think they're colluding. The Act 3's are cutthroat. You see a lot of careful play, and some big laydowns, but this is just as much because a lot of us know each other's plays/hand ranges/moves inside and out like a book.

I personally have three full size notebooks full of information on the regulars. Absolutely essential knowledge if you want to consistently be successful playing tournies there.