Thread: AKs agaisnt nit
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: AKs agaisnt nit

40 hands isn't enough for me to consider someone a hit (last night I was given over 100 hands, and didn't get a hand with an Ace, two faces, suited, or paired)
unless you saw him not raise or 3bet AK then we can only consider this guy to have some type of pre flop selection)

if the guy is a real nit (by read) then 3betting AK isn't automatic (these other guy have to be real bad)

after he caps (against is a nit) it's
AA, KK, QQ, AKs ... and wouldn't think he bets AK without a flush draw on the flop

so on the flop ... I think there is a very small chance it's AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s or AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s
AA, KK, QQ
and we have BDF getting 22:1 ... adding in a small win%chance for an Ace hit and BDS
=easy call
***but it should be noted that you created the situation to call with weak draws

now - info that should have been included: UTG1 has like 0$ ... I think this makes calling preflop better than raising as most of the value we have by raising is against these other guys (and UTG1 wont be giving us many bets)

not 3betting AK preflop isn't the cool thing on the board - but there are spot where 3betting isn't great