View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: I have a set, but this is bat country....

[ QUOTE ]
-BB does not have the flush draw on his line, so i think we are still ahead of his AK and AQ.
-SB called two cold and didn't raise the flop so this prolly something like a JTd that has a FD.

I would probably play it the same but i really really want to fold that river here, but the pot is too big......ur beat but i don't think we can fold.

I don't get why we are raising the turn.....to get a checked to river card? I hope the raisers are folding the river when he 3bets u and then bets the river if the board doesn't pair....if the board pairs on the river get CRAZY!

[/ QUOTE ] I hope the raisers are folding the river when he 3bets u and then bets the river if the board doesn't pair....if the board pairs on the river get CRAZY!

This bit of reasoning is inconsequential. We get the same amount of bets whether we raise the turn or river, but we protect against the bdfd and if our read is off we will probably get a turn cap which is 2bets that we wouldnt get if the board pairs on the river. Doesnt really matter though raising the turn is bad, bc it opens you up to the possibly of a turn cap and he has a flush too damn much in this situation.